Thursday, July 30, 2009

Heaven And Hell

Most belief systems has them, and the concept is generally used as a tool, if not a scare tactic to enforce positive behavior. Many people who have had near death experiances see the light, some times 'heaven' or 'hell'. When studdying with a shamen when I was 19, I learned about shattered souls, and the idea of retreaving them. Now, Im not sure if its because one of my teacher refers to the 'other' planes as shadow paths, or if its because I find it fun to do so, that is how I refer to them.

About the same time I studdied with the shamen I also met a rather... interesting guy who knew a lot about ceramonial magic. He knew some very interesting things, and I have never since met anyone quite as knowledgeable. He painted for me, the 'plaines' in a grid of nine. I was very young and nieve at the time and I looked at it and asked why would anyone in thier right mind go to any of thse places. He just chuckled at me.

In a buddhist text I was reading I came accross a theory that sat very well with me and offers me what I consider a plausable explination as to the many plethera of differant heavens and hells. It all has to do with fixation. It is what your mind attatches itself to, and that is where you will go. Of course Im over simplifying this. Im certainly not saying the heaven and hell planes dont exsist as I truely believe that the will creates constructs, even if it is a plane of reality or 'something else' so to speak.

I think this theory puts many things into perspective. It was reinforced when I went on a journey for a particular spirit, and I encountered a shadow plane I was completely unfamilliar with, after describing it to an Historian, I was told I was describing the Warrior Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment