Monday, August 3, 2009

To destroy spells against you

Ok, I'm using Budge's work here, so the translation is probably a bit less than
accurate, but it's the only thing I have at the moment.

From the Book of Coming Forth by Day [Papyrus of Ani], ch. 23, plate XV

"Ar heka neb t'etet neb t'etu er-a sut aha neteru er-sen paut neteru temtiu"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Literal translation [tothe best of Budge's ability]:

Ar heka neb t'etet
[as concerning charms all and words]
neb t'etu er-a
[all spoken against me]
sut aha neteru er-sen
[these, may resist the gods them,]
paut neteru temtiu
[and the cycle of the gods all]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Altered translation:

"As concerning every charm and all the words which may be spoken against me,
may the gods resist them, and may each and every one of the company of the
gods withstand them."

-------------

Here is another translation I found:

"As for all the words of power, they are spoken, but what is said against me,
the gods stand against it, the company of gods which are gathered."

~ http://www.bardo.org/ani/ch23.html

No comments:

Post a Comment