Monday, August 3, 2009

To Purify Oneself

Again, going by Budge...[enough said]

Book of Coming Forth by Day, [Papyrus of Ani], ch. 86, plate XXV

"ab-nua ter-a tut-a khersek-a asfet-a khersek-na tut ari-a au-a ab-kua,
neteri-kua"


Budge's literal translation:

Ab-nua
[I am pure]
ter-a
[I have destroyed]
tut-a
[my defects]
khersek-a
[I have made an end]
asfet-a
[(of) my wickedness]
khersek-na
[I have annihilated]
tut
[the faults]
ari-a
[which belong to me,]
au-a ab-kua
[I myself am pure]
neteri-kua
[I am mighty]

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Altered translation:

"I am pure. I have put away my faults. I have done away mine offences. I have
cast out the sins which were a part of me. I, even I, am pure, I, even I, am
mighty."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alternative translation:

"[I am pure;] I drive out my evil; I destroy my sin; I destroy the evil which
I possess.
I am pure; I am divine."

~ http://www.bardo.org/ani/ch86.html

No comments:

Post a Comment