Sunday, September 6, 2009

Church Today

Prais regardless of 'feelings' Sometimes it doesn't feel right to 'praise' god when we are depressed or feeling defeated or when our lives all out such. Its normal to do 'pray' for a saving grace, but that is completely different.

Bearing each others burdens. He went on about this as it is important in the grand scheme of things. As my son says every one should be supportive of everyone regardless.

In the next part he discussed romans 12: 3
about not being prideful. We are all one body, meaning we all connected. My son says this is perfectly natural because they all have a part of god inside of them. He then asked if people who are consumed with evil, do they loose that part of god, which is an interesting question. Apparently he thinks bad people loose god if they are 'all evil like' and when they get super mad at god. He thinks god gets mad when people mistreat others. Ah it seems evil people loose sight of their piece of.

Ok so preacher guy says we should not be prideful or arrogant about our own gifts and abilities as we are all one body under god and going back to the previous theme from Palms 1:13
'bear each others burdens and lift each other up.'

Be truly loving toward others and be compassionate. sounds kinda buddhisty lol

Conform not to this earth
but be transformed by the renewal of your mind (romans 12 something)
my son immediate thinks this has something to do with being a part of god, more than the earth. He also says if you didnt have your mind you wouldn't be here.

So now we are talking of maya and how some people think this life is an illusion, so I thought that his perspective was kinda neeto....

he is right, that (the preacher guy) that sometimes life just beats you down. Through compassion we can share each others burdens. Thats an important thing, is to have a handle on that compassion, that love you receive from god and share with others. he also said god did not design us to be alone

This was something I needed to hear today, as I got my numerology lesions and in it, talks about how my life number means I will NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR have a relationship ... lol so this was kinda good for me. Its not that I have total, blind belief in numerology and stuff, but still the idea is kind of depressing. Mr Preacher says to us, we are NOT designed to be alone. I think the one part of this lecture I enjoyed the most was when he said
No one wants to be unloved
unless they are psychotic with mental issues, or they are lying.
of course he is very wrong... most people who are psychotic have uhmm fixations with having to be loved but I understand why he used that literary device.

but anyway, mr preacher is correct. Every single one of us want to be loved. Im not going to get in the middle path blah blah blah thing rt now though it does cross my mind.

To sum up mr preachers lecture today it all centers around some very lovely components. We are not alone, we are all part of the unit that is god and connected there in, one of the ways to glorify god is to be compassionate and to assist each other when we are suffocating under our stresses and life issues. The message, at least to me was a very good one. This is a mesage you find in every major religious tradition.

my son says he copied from the bible so I had to explain that relig works are there for one to pull support and inspiration and strength from. I found that he was able to pull from the bible and weave it into a very good, supporting message.

too bad my son doesn't want to go back to this church. I personally thought it was a good lecture and than everyone who listened benifited from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment