Sunday, September 6, 2009

Kenpo vs Ninjitsu

Yeah one track mind. I was reminded of something in my past.
I had a friend who practiced kenpo at the time I was studdying tae kwon do and akido. I was trying to get him to spar with me, but he was nervious about it. Im a tiney woman and he felt he would harm me in some way. I had to remind him that my instructor had me full contact sparring with the other black belts of the dojo. I think the one that unnerved me was the 3rd degree I had to spar... but that is a diff story.

So I told him, if he hurt me it was my own fault for not blocking or what not, he still wasnt convinced, I suppose he though that the guys I sparred with were being 'nice' or something... who knows. I told him that he had to be shitty martial artist *coughvandamcough* to hurt me that badly in a spar.

I got to learn a little bit of kenpo as a result. It was *FUN*

none the less later in life I found myself talking with a group of martial artists about which is the most 'scary' or 'potent' martial art. The common consensus at the time was Ninjitsu. I just laughed and said oh no its kenpo. I find kenpo highly amusing. Now, I dont know if all kenpo instructors have the same philosophy as my friend from earlier or not. Of course I was asked to enplane myself as my coworker said "every block, kick and punch, every movement if not dedicated to stealth is mean to KILL YOU. Again I just laughed and mentioned that with kenpo its meant to MAIM you. So with ninjitsu its gotten over with quickly however in kenpo they expect you SUFFER the rest of your life after this maiming. From what I learned of kenpo its very *harsh* oh you want to misbehave and grab me???? Let me break your arm in a few places and perhaps your hand as well, oh hell lets include your shoulder as well......

No comments:

Post a Comment